We are not your average tech company. Our success and business model has been recognised and rewarded repeatedly since our inception. In the past we have won ‘Most Innovative App’ at Mobile World Congress.
We have launched on four continents but now focus on the USA, with plans to expand in that region and into Latin America.
You will be joining a team that is responsible for the continued development of our Android applications. We are looking for someone who is passionate and creative, who is eager to learn and ensure our technologies are best-in-class.
- BSc or MSc in related field or relevant industry experience
- Java and Kotlin for Android
- RxJava and/or Coroutines, Retrofit, Dagger and/or Koin
- MVP/MVVM/MVI(Preferable) architectures
- Android Studio, Gradle
- Understanding of Unit Tests and Automation Tests
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Integration of RESTful web service APIs
- Version control (Git)
- Understand Material design guidelines without making it an absolute rule
- Practical knowledge of common design and architectural patterns
- Ability to express your ideas clearly and effectively
- Curiosity and drive to understand and solve problems beyond the surface level
- Ability to document requirements and designs
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and release process
- Ability to adapt communication for technical and non-technical people
Nice to Have
- MVI architecture
- Contributed to apps in Google Play Store (examples welcome)
- Experience with Python, Golang, and server-side software development
- Close familiarity with platform tools for profiling, running, and debugging of Android apps.
- Experience with test-driven development and behaviour driven development
Personality profile. You are:
- Interested in learning and improving your skills
- Team player: you make your team more efficient and enjoyable
- Proactive, look for pragmatic solutions, not winning arguments
- Passionately curious about new trends and approaches
- Independent thinker
- 4 shared libraries (2 of which public) that are used by 10 apps
- State of the art use of technologies including Dagger, RXJava, Coroutines Retrofit and Jetpack
- Majority of codebase in Kotlin
- Working with a passionate team who love to learn and implement new technologies
- Flat hierarchy, with regular contact time with Senior Leadership team.
- Learn from and closely work with experienced engineers
- Bike to Work Scheme
- 20 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Coffee and a variety of teas provided every day to keep you fresh
- Budget for learning resources, courses and conferences
- Paid Gym Membership (Crossfit)
- Regular all-company socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity. We employ many nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Interviews will consist of two phases where we assess both the level of technical ability, as well as the cultural fit with the rest of our company. We pride ourselves on rapid decision making so any code examples you are able to provide prior to, or during, the interview will help us with this.