We are looking for a junior Linux SysAdmin to join our technology team with experience in supporting people inside the company as well as maintaining applications.
You will be working closely with DevOps Engineer to monitor and maintain cloud infrastructure, whilst supporting the rest of the team members in everyday tasks. You have the ability to learn and take in as much information as possible whether that is Linux System Administration or various policies and workings of the company. This role will be a great way into the DevOps world and could be the beginning of your DevOps career.
We are an award winning mobile development company delivering real value to our Mobile Network Operator and Original Equipment Manufacturer customers. We design, build and distribute our product range throughout the US with high profile partners and have been growing at a rapid rate.
- Supporting the developers and other team members in a DevOps environment
- Troubleshooting IT incidents/issues and improve day to day operation
- Performing high-level, day-to-day operational administration of cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits, patches, and upgrades.
- Supporting applications hosted in an AWS cloud environment, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
- Working independently and in teams on administrative and technical projects
- Provisioning and maintaining employee equipment
- Monitoring and maintaining of a variety of physical and logical systems
- Collecting and analysing data to report on the health of systems
- Responding to and assisting in resolving incidents and emergencies
- Working with containerisation technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, or other technologies.
- BSc computer science or equivalent experience (min 1 year)
- General scripting using bash, python, groovy, ruby
- Experience in Cloud platforms, Ideally with AWS and GCP
- Understanding of databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience in CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins or other
- Experience of supporting applications, specifically GoLang, Java, Python
- Understanding of of unix OS(e.g. Linux and MacOS)
- Ability to prioritise tickets, projects and multi tasking
- Ability to to work in a quick paced environment
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of ‘Infrastructure as Code’ such as Terraform
- Knowledge of automation tool such as Ansible
- Working with containerisation technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Competitive salary + EMI share options
- Buzzing London office with a vibrant culture and well-stocked snack cupboards and drinks fridge
- Regular all-company socials
- Weekly company fitness sessions
- 25 days of holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Full cover private healthcare
- Up to 8% employer pension contribution
- Monthly company hair cuts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Budget for learning resources, courses and conferences
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity. We employ many nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal mannerand in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy andmaternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.