We are not your average tech company. Our success and business model has been recognised and rewarded repeatedly since our inception. In the past we have won ‘Most Innovative App’ at Mobile World Congress.
Our apps must be small, yet eye-catching. Our SDK must be compact, yet fully featured. Our back-end platforms must be elastic and self managing. If you think this way then you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and be rewarded accordingly.
You will be responsible for the continued development of our back-end platform. We are looking for someone who is passionate and creative, who will be able to drive innovation and ensure we have the best solution possible.
Our challenges include:
- Developing the best platforms we can, using the latest technologies, providing the best experience and reaching as many of our customers as possible.
- We’re looking for someone that knows what a well designed API looks like, and can help to shape this by working closely with our android and back-end teams.
- Working with legacy code and improving it, whilst making the architecture more scalable.
- Interacting with non-technical team members and occasional outsourced development/support partners.
- Golang (preferred)
- DynamoDB (or similar)
- Familiarity with AWS solutions (Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.)
- Unit Tests and Automation Tests
- Integration of RESTful web service APIs
- Version control (Git)
- Understand how to balance immediate product needs with long-term project health and maintainability
- Practical knowledge of common design and architectural patterns and the ability to apply them effectively
- Ability to write compact and performance-conscious yet readable code
- Ability to express your ideas clearly and effectively
- Curiosity and drive to understand and solve problems beyond the surface level
- Ability to document requirements and designs
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and release process
- Ability to adapt communication for technical and non-technical people
Personality profile. You are:
- Team player: you make your team more efficient and enjoyable
- Keen on diversity (international company)
- Pro-active, look for pragmatic solutions, not winning arguments
- Passionately curious about new trends and approaches
- Keen contributor on open source projects
- Working with a passionate team who love to learn and implement new technologies
- Flat hierarchy, with regular contact time with Senior Leadership team.
- Learn from and closely work with experienced engineers
- and many more!
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity. We employ many nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Interviews will consist of two phases where we assess both the level of technical ability, as well as the cultural fit with the rest of our company. We pride ourselves on rapid decision making so any code examples you are able to provide prior to, or during, the interview will help us with this.